Sunday, August 26, 2012

It's been a while!

Wow! I can not believe that I have not posted in over a year... I guess I sort of forgot :).

Well, Josh and I have officially been married for 5 years! August 11 was our anniversary. We celebrated by spending a week in Jamaica and it was wonderful. We spent a lot of time relaxing on the beach and watching the ocean.




While we were there we started talking about the possibility of having a Foreign exchange student come to stay with us. So, when we returned home I got on line and filled out the application. School started on the 20th here, and since that was the day I turned in the application I thought for sure that we would not be considered until next year. But, tonight we are going to pick up our student!! It was an extremely fast process, but we are very excited!

His name is Jimmy and he is from Germany. I have received a few e-mails from him over the last day or two and he seems very excited to get to Yale! Conner is a little skeptical and doesn't really understand the whole foreign exchange student concept, but I am sure he will be very happy to have a new friend once Jimmy arrives.

We are picking him up at the airport late tonight, so look for more posts in the near future!

No comments:

Post a Comment