Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Being on a Board....

I recently got involved with an organization here in Tulsa that is for young professionals. It is a networking type group that focused on issues in Tulsa. They also have a program that you can apply for to be an intern for the Board of Directors from numerous non-profit and not-for-profit agencies in Tulsa. I signed up about a month ago. I was chosen to serve on a board for an organization that helps adults with developmental issues. I went to board training last night and there was a lot to take in. Being on a board is a big responsibility. I am going to go to my first board meeting next month. I am really excited. I am supposed to go meet with the Executive Director sometime soon. I think this will be an interesting experience.

I will post more about it after I meet and learn more about the organization. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment